2022 THEME – PRACTICE THE JESUS WAY
John 14:6 – “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 @ 6:00 p.m. Part 1
Rev. Craig B. Campbell, Pastor/Teacher - Zion Baptist Church
THE JESUS WAY: THE MESSAGE
We cannot only lecture by example, we must set the example.
1. How can we as true believers, or Christ-followers become like Jesus Christ in all aspect of our life?
Read Romans 8:29 (tells us that God wants us to be made like Him, fashioned into His likeness. God wants us to have the character and likeness of Christ).
NOTE: Christ is our example in everything. (Our mind, our speech, our conduct, our walk/lifestyle).
2. What is a hypocrite? What are the characteristics of a hypocrite?
GEM: The only way for this person (hypocrite) to repair their reputation is to make serious changes, to live out truthfully what they believe.
Read Matthew 6:24; 2 Corinthians 5:17
In verses 2, 5, and 16 of Matthew 6 how does Jesus warn us about being hypocritical?
3. Do you believe God rewards hypocritical behavior?
NOTE: We are to be REAL before the Lord first and foremost, but we should also want to be real before mankind.
4. Who is the church? Is the church perfect?
WE ARE TO REPRESENT CHRIST ON THE EARTH. Read John 6:38-40.
GEM: If we’re going to walk in His example, in His footsteps, we’ve got to recognize that it’s not about us; it’s about Him.
Read John 12:49-50
▪ Disciples, we need to present the Word of the Lord precisely as He gave it to us. We need to be diligent in studying the Word.
NOTE: Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom. It was His core message, proclamation (announcement), and teaching.
WE ARE CALLED TO BE INFLUENTIAL AND IMPACTING IN OUR WORLD.
Read Matthew 5:13-16
NOTE: Although we know Christ is the Light of the world, He calls us the light of the world in this passage because we are to cast forth His light among men.
5. How is your light shown in your home, job, church, and community?
The Jesus Way: The Message
▪ We are to be positively influential and positively impacting the world through our good works.
▪ Whenever we walk into a spiritually dark place, we should bring light into the situation because we know that darkness is no match for the light of God.
▪ When we walk into a darkened atmosphere, people should recognize something different about us, even if they can’t put their finger on it.
NOTE: We are living epistles read of all men. Let’s make certain they’re reading the story of Jesus Christ. For this reason, we must follow the example of Jesus withoutdeviation. It is our calling, occupation, assignment, and purpose. We must echo His message, execute His mission, and emulate (follow) His methods.
CONCLUSION: Let’s determine to not be hypocrites. Let’s be real. Let’s be authentic Christ-followers. Let’s reflect Jesus truthfully through our lives, attitudes, conversations,and conduct.