Matthew 28:19 – “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.”
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 @ 6:00 p.m. Pt. 1
Rev. Craig B. Campbell, Pastor/Teacher
“Don’t Be Deceived”
NOTE: The Devil, Satan, has deceived the whole world. Those whom he deceives he holds captive.
- What is deception?
- Do you think that because you are a religious person, you cannot be deceived?
- Why is a topic about deception so important in the times we’re living?
Review Jeremiah 9:6-9; Ephesians 5:15-16; 1 John 4:1-5
- In the media and entertainment industry, what are somethings we hear and see that grieves God?
- Why aren’t we making an impact that brings about transformation in our culture and our world?
Review 2 Timothy 2:26
- How can you tell the difference between truth and error?
Review Romans 12:2
NOTE: God's got a plan, a purpose in Heaven that He wants fulfilled on earth. We should be praying and cooperating with Him that His will be done – not the will of the enemy, but the will of God.
- Why are we sitting back and letting the enemy have his way?
The Late evangelist Billy Graham quoted, “Our society serves to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.”
Review 2 Timothy 3:13; 4:3-4
- Where do we hear and see deception being practiced in America? Who are some major the deceivers?
Read Proverbs 12:2-3, 5-7, 17; Proverbs 29:2
- Where do we find godly doctrine or teaching? John 8:31-32
As believers faced with deception, we must be prepared to respond. What happens when you’re on the job and people begin to talk about racism or issues of sexuality or crime, etc. — what are you going to say?
Review Matthew 5:13-16; Colossians 2:8
- When you are faced with sinners, liars and cheaters, how will you respond?
- How do we avoid deception?
NOTE: We all came out of sin and deception of one form or another. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
Read Romans 3:23; 1 Corinthian 5:17 that's something to shout about!
NOTE: God wants us to be His faithful and trusting sons or daughters, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. He will give us His faith, if we turn to Him with our whole heart. We are to arm ourselves with spiritual knowledge. Avoid self-deception. Avoid the world's deceptions. And avoid Satan's deceptions.